Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Consultant
Due to our continued success, Diafora are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to further increase our capacity and capability. The role is permanent and will be rewarded with an industry leading remuneration package that includes private family health care, contributory pension, flexible working options, and company car or car allowance and base salary based on experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a relevant Professional Qualification to degree level (e.g Degree/Diploma) or equivalent
- Be able to work autonomously, and as part of a wider thriving team.
- Ideally have full membership of a Recognised professional body (RICS, ICES); or a demonstrable track record of a high standard of commercial delivery.
- Experienced in executing NEC3 Option A and B contracts on major projects (Highways and other similar infrastructure projects preferred)
- Have the ability to adapt strategies in line with changing priorities.
You will be expected to work closely with our clients and become integrated within their project teams. Therefore, the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels will be vitally important.
- To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company’s Procedures.
- To assist in the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments.
- To assist in the monitoring of sub-contractor performance in consultation with senior staff (where delegated authority allows).
- To assist senior staff in the compilation of data to monitor individual contract performance on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- To apply a professional approach in all day to day activities and to strive to enhance your own professional capabilities.
Our Team of consultants are based nationwide, but currently we are looking for applicants who live, or can easily commute to, Kent and the Southeast, and Nottinghamshire and the East Midlands.
What can you expect from us?
We strive for our team at Diafora to be the most respected and sought-after construction consulting team in the Industry and to be the team that our valued clients rely on time and again to make the difference to their projects. Our primary resource is our exceptional consultants that provide collaborative, team-oriented services on an as needed basis allowing us to support clients in matters involving all divisions of engineering and construction.
Because of the variety of clients that we support, the opportunities available to our employees we believe are unique, and a great way to test and improve your own abilities with the support and careful guidance of our experienced team.
We believe that CPD is important and aids us in providing the level of service we insist on. Therefore, our employees are encouraged and given the opportunity and resources to develop themselves. This includes guidance to becoming members of the RICS, or other key institutions relevant to their role within the company.
Along with exceptional support and guidance when needed, your commitment will be rewarded with an excellent benefits package and salary.
We are one team that works for each other and shares in our successes.
Apply for this position by sending a CV and a covering letter to: [email protected], or complete the form below.